The certificate recognises our good practice in sustainability, including:
- measuring carbon emissions from electricity, waste disposal and paper usage
- committing to a target to reduce emissions by 5% annually
- investing in the Eden Project to support education on climate change
- storing 260 tCO2e by protecting one acre of endangered rainforest through the charity Cool Earth
- committing to engage employees and suppliers to drive improvements.
We have also upgraded to energy efficient lighting in all our showrooms, including fitting timers and movement sensors to turn lights on and off. We segregate waste to encourage recycling and have the paper recycled by a contractor. We also buy recycled jiffy bags for all our samples and small packages we send out.
Among the new measures being employed to reduce our carbon footprint, we are switching to the most efficient routes to get our goods from the quarry to our clients and shipping as many orders together as possible from our supplier to reduce transport movements and costs.
It's a long term plan for us which we are committed to achieving